Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zeki Nasif - The Beautiful Lady is Asking About My Heartزكي ناصيف - تسألني الحسناء عن قلبيTas'aluni Il Hasnaa' 3an Qalbi

Updated media and translation



Zeki Nasif - The Beautiful Lady is Asking About My Heart

The beautiful lady is asking me about my heart
And my eyes don't know what to tell her

The beautiful lady is asking me about my heart
And oh how my lips long to whisper "I love her"
And the question is absent in the calm of night (meaning when I am alone and she is not there to ask)
Then the answer flows out in rapturous song to us

The beautiful lady is asking me about the dreams of my youth
Does her heart not answer?

زكي ناصيف – تسألني الحسناء عن قلبي

تسألني الحسناء عن قلبي فلا تدري مقلتاي ماذا تقولان لها

تسألني الحسناء عن قلبي
فكم تصبو شفتاي لتهمسا أحبها
ويغيب السؤال في هدأة الليل
فينساب الجواب أغنيات هازجات لنا الشباب

تسألني الحسناء عن قلبي وعن أحلام صبايا
هل لا يجيب قلبها

No comments:

Post a Comment